Our website is full of information for anyone who is considering adopting a child…
> Find out who can adopt
> Check out our Myth Buster
> Learn about what the adoption process actually involves
> Download our Adoption Info Pack
> Discover the wide range of support available to you – before, during and after placement
> Read through our various resources
> Hear from real adopters who share their experiences
> Come along to our next information event
With around 2,000 children waiting to be adopted in the UK at any given time, SFCS is always keen to hear from anyone who is thinking about adopting a child. Adoption Connections is our specialist adoption service, rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted.
Adoption Connections is here to help any adult who is considering adopting a child; we welcome all kinds of families for all kinds of children, regardless of age, race, cultural background, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.
If you decide to adopt through us, you can expect:
- Full access to information and advice to help you decide if adoption is right for you – open evenings, lunchtime drop-in sessions, information packs and other resources, one-to-one advice from our duty social workers
- Opportunities to meet and talk to other adopters who have been through the process
- A close working relationship with one of our friendly and experienced specialist social workers, as they guide you through the assessment process
- Exceptional training and parenting preparation
- A thorough and wide-ranging approach to helping you find the child or children who you could best parent
- On-going support for you and your family – before, during and after the adoption takes place
SFCS is based in Milton Keynes, and we operate within a 50-mile radius of our offices. This covers Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire and parts of Cambridgeshire and East Anglia.
If you think you could become a parent to a child who needs a family, please contact us or complete our Adoption Enquiry Form – no pressure, no obligation. We’ll be glad to answer your questions and talk things through with you.